Friday, April 16, 2010

Best value mobile/cell phone for reading e-mail on?

::::BRIEF::::


I'm looking for a mobile phone or device that will alert me whenever I receive an e-mail, however I don't want to be charged everytime I receive a text alert.





There is a mobile phone called the "XDA Orbit", which contains Windows Mobile 5.0. With that technology I can wirelessly read my e-mail via my mobile phone. However the phone costs about £250, I only want the phone for that reason....I won't be using it to make calls etc. I just want a device with "push technology" that will alert me when I receive an email, however that doesn't charge "per message", because otherwise it would work out expensive for me.





::::QUESTION::::


Is there either another device or another Windows Mobile 5.0 phone that has the same function, but is cheaper than the XDA Orbit?

Best value mobile/cell phone for reading e-mail on?
You might be better off with a Blackberry, rather than a Windows-based PDA phone. The main function of a Blackberry is to receive e-mails on your phone. I haven't used one myself, but I have a friend with one, and she swears by it.





However, if you're set on a PDA phone, there are cheaper models in the XDA range, or second hand models on eBay. I bought a second hand XDA Exec for under £120, and I don't know how I lived without it.





However, if all you really want is the wi-fi functionality, you might be better off with a simple wi-fi PDA. There are some really nice ones on the market, and they're generally cheaper than a smartphone.
Reply:If you don't want it to phone with, get a PDA.





A lot of them comes with a Windows OS on them and a wireless card built in. Using that , you can connect to the wireless Network and set a special tone to play when you get an email.





HTC is the mother manufacturer of the phones mostly, but PDAs can be done by many, Dell has a few models too.





Check this site out for more ideas: http://www.totalpda.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment