Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I cant make mobile call in india neither PC to PC calls.I am in dubai.I am facing this problem sice 25th March

I cant make mobile call in india neither PC to PC calls.I am in dubai.I am facing this problem sice 25th March.I used to make frequent calls from yahoo to mobile and pc tp pc calls in india but suddenly this does'nt connect my calls any more. Even my friend in india faces problems making PC to Pc calls on my ID..I have also tried SKYPE but there even i am not able to hear voice neither my friend in India can listen to me. Is this a proble m between Yahoo and ETISALAT( Internet and Mobile service provider here in dubai)? And I am not even able to contact yahoo customer care even, Kindly share your experiences and help...

I cant make mobile call in india neither PC to PC calls.I am in dubai.I am facing this problem sice 25th March
I was aware of this problem since 2006. My friend who works in UAE had the same problem.


Your ISP which is Etisalat has blocked the ports needed by Yahoo Messenger for voice services.





And even if you switch to Skype, PC to PC calls are still not attainable.





As far as I know, Etisalat has monopolized the telecommunications system (internet, landline %26amp; mobile) in UAE.





My friend was able to get a substitute (or proxy), thus he was able to download Skype was also able to make PC to PC calls from Dubai. I just don't have any idea how he got it.
Reply:I had a chat with Yahoo Support person and got a confirmation that Etisalat is blocking Yahoo Voice, see the chat transcript below.





Please wait for a Yahoo! agent to respond.


You are now chatting with April


April: Hi! Welcome to our Yahoo! Premium Voice Live Chat service. I'm glad you've joined us.


April: Thank you for providing us the details of your issue.


April: Hi there Saravanan.


Saravanan.S: Hi,


Saravanan.S: I am from Dubai, U.A.E, for the past 1 week, I am not able to make Yahoo Voice Calls (PC to Phone Calls), before that it was working fine, is there any problem from Yahoo Side, I am using a 256 Kbps broadband DSL connection. I have enough credits in my account.


April: I understand you are unable to use your Yahoo! Phone Out service in Dubai, UAE for a week, is that corect?


Saravanan.S: yes


April: Thank you for the confirmation of your issue.


April: I do apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused you.


April: We are currently aware of an issue with Yahoo! Messenger Phone services being blocked in the United Arab Emirates by the Internet Service Provider Etisalat.


April: Unfortunately, there is nothing Yahoo! is able to do as this action could be because of religious reasons or government regulations.


April: Your ISP, Etisalat, is most likely blocking the ports (80, 443, 5061) Yahoo Messenger needs for Voice services.


April: For the service to work properly, you will need to ask your ISP to open the required ports.


No comments:

Post a Comment