Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Orange Mobile phone - RIP OFF?

Hi, my 15 year old son used my phone and managed to run up a mobile phone bill totalling £100's!! Orange gave me no help at %26amp; the wrong advice. Orange even allowed this to continue another month..costing me even more.





It stipulates in the adverts you must be over 16 %26amp; with bill payers permission...obviously he wasn't %26amp; he didnt. Orange told me and I quote " To take it up with him", but this has caused major rows and I now have a poor relationship with my son due to the worry about paying the bill.





Has anyone else experienced this and managed not to pay? I think that Orange had a duty to inform me once the bill got so high but they didnt. I also think these companies have duty to ensure that those using the service meet the criteria they set.





Someone please help me! my son and I argue enough as it is (teenage angst!) and I can't sleep for worrying about paying off this bill.





Needless to say I wouldn't recommend Orange as mobile phone provider...helpful...NOT!!!!

Orange Mobile phone - RIP OFF?
Sorry to say, but it's not the phone company's job to be a parent. They have no duty to inform you of usage. As you gave him the phone to use, that's implied permission. I don't have Orange, but I have a teenage son so I understand what it's like to get a phone bill that makes you shrivel in your socks!





There are phone companies out there where you can set up limited minutes and when they run out, their phone shuts down. I'm in the US so I don't know about the services in your country, but you can find one that will allow them to have unlimited minutes to certain friends and family or between their users (I have AT%26amp;T here and many of his friends are on the service).





The main thing is that he really needs to learn to be responsible and live within the household budget for the phone. Let him know there's only a certain amount of money budgeted to the phone and if he continues to abuse his priviledge (yes, priviledge), he'll lose it. I took away my son's phone for 3 months for texting over the limit after I warned him about it. He learned.





The other alternative is pay as you go. Good luck to you. Teenagers! Arghhhhhhhh! ~lol~

Dental Insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment